Hingham Location Schedule:
Tues. January 24th
3:30-4:30p Elementary Book Fair in the 2nd floor Cafeteria
3:30-4:30p Early Global Book Fair in 1st floor the Gym
Thurs. January 26th
9:45-10:30a Grades 2nd, 3rd, 4th *Students Only* During School Fair
4:15-5:15p Early Global Book Fair in 1st floor the Gym
Norwell Location Schedule:
Tues. January 24th
3:30-4:30p Early Global Book Fair in 1st floor classroom
Book Fair Overview
Each year, SELA hosts a Scholastic Book Fair! We receive books for students of all ages, from the infant program up through Elementary. Books and materials are displayed like a mini bookstore, where families can visit and peruse the selection.
When you arrive:
• Please enter through the main front door of the school, check in at the Front Desk, and then follow the arrows to your child’s Book Fair location.
• Check or Credit Card payment ONLY. NO cash will be accepted.
• Elementary students in grades 2nd, 3rd, 4th have the option for parents to pre-load money on an “E-Wallet” so that they may purchase books on their own during the during-school hours fair.
Suggested Reading Lists & Classroom Wishlists:
• Elementary Teachers have put together Suggested Reading Lists for Elementary Students. These will be available at the Book Fair.
• All Teachers have compiled a Wishlist of books to be donated to their classroom. There of course is no obligation to donate a book to your child’s class, but if you feel inclined to do so, the option is available and greatly appreciated. These will be available at the Book Fair.
Book Fair Proceeds:
• About 50% of the proceeds from the Book Fair are donated back to SELA as “Scholastic Dollars” to purchase more books to continue to build our school libraries.
Can’t Make it to the Fair in Person?
• Check out the Online Book Fair, HERE! The online Book Fair is open before and after the in-school Book Fair. After the online Book Fair closes all books ordered online will be mailed to SELA. We will then distribute them to students.
Book Drive – New this year!
SELA is hosting a donation Book Drive in conjunction with out Book Fair. Take this opportunity to go through your books at home and donate those that your children (or yourself) no longer read. When you attend the Book Fair (or throughout the week), bring your book donations with you!
Books will be collected the week of Jan 23-27 and then donated to “More Than Words” organization to benefit children in foster care.