Career Opportunities at SELA
SELA: The International Private School is always seeking highly skilled, educators and administrators.
SELA takes great pride in attracting, developing and retaining the best faculty and staff possible to enable us to achieve our collective vision.
SELA might be a great fit for you if…
- • You love working with children
- • Enjoy connecting with and appreciate diverse individuals
- • Are a creative and determined problem-solver
- • Are passionate about continuous learning
Come join our growing school, now with two locations!
Full Job Description
We are seeking Part Time School Nurse to serve students in our Early Global Program: Infant through JuniorK. This position has the potential to become full-time in the future.
SELA’s School Nurse:
Responsibilities Include: Provide medically prescribed interventions, including medication administration and provide care to ill children on a daily basis. Provide first aid to injured children and staff; provide everyday care of acutely ill children; manage children with communicable disease. Consult to staff around medication, first aid techniques, hygiene issues, communicable diseases, nutrition education, etc. Oversee and ensure student specific health care plans, medical protocols, medication administration plans, and physician medication orders are up to date. Communicate with emergency medical service personnel when they respond to on-site emergency situations. Document student visits to the nurse’s office indicating the nature of visit. Work with the program principal to provide training to program staff in the areas of CPR, First Aid, field trip medication administration, epi-pen training and emergency procedures. Works with the program principal to implement an emergency plan and communicate it to staff and students. Prepare reports for school officials, MDPH and other agencies describing the services provided by the program, number students served, etc.
Provide nursing care and physical screening to students, assessing students and implementing first aid measures for students as needed
● Ensure compliance with applicable procedures and protocols
● Maintain health and immunization records, updating them as is necessary
● Identifies physical problems, sickness/illness, and conducts health evaluation of students as appropriate
● Initiates emergency procedures for students and staff as needed
● Assume responsibility for appropriate intervention, evaluation, management, and referral activities for students
● Monitors and assesses compliance with immunization standards as per DPH regulations
● Manages student health and immunization records for compliance
● Maintains health-related postings
● Assists teachers in instructing students in health and nutrition education
● Conducts formal workshops and/or informal training for staff as appropriate
● Communicate with parents / guardians as needed, providing notifications when further medical evaluation is suggested or needed
● Collaborate with Executive, Early Global and Elementary Directors, counseling students when appropriate
● Administer daily and prescription medications as needed, and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student’s physician
● Collaborate with the principals in developing extenuating circumstances plans for students on a case by case basis
● Orient teachers and staff, both upon hiring, annually and as needed on specific medical and school procedures
● Act as a liaison between the school, home health department professionals, and other community agencies
● Present, train and maintain appropriate standards from OSHA regarding contact with, and possible exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious body materials within the school or employment setting.
Qualifications and Skills:
● Valid Massachusetts RN or LPN license
● Valid CPR, including AED.
● Ability to communicate effectively with students from different backgrounds, parents/guardians, faculty, and staff
● Experience in support services in a school setting a plus
● Pediatric Nursing Experience Preferred
● COVID Vaccination is required for all employees.
● Spanish speaking a plus
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $23.00 – $33.00 per hour
- Free parking
- Emergency Medicine
- 8 hour shift
COVID Vaccination is required for all employees
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Norwell, MA 02061: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- RN (Preferred)
- LPN (Required)
Work Location: In person
If you don’t see a position in your field, feel free send forward your cover letter and resume to HR@suescuela.com! They will get back to you as soon as possible!
As an employer, SELA offers...
- • Professional development opportunities
- • Health, dental, and vision insurance
- • Tuition discount
- • Life insurance
- • IRA after 2 years of employment
- • 11 Paid holidays (after 90 days of employment)
- • Vacation time
- • Paid lunch break
Internships at SELA
SELA welcomes applications for its Internship program, an opportunity for students currently in high school or college to gain valuable work experience in an educational setting.
Participants will have the opportunity to intern in one of the following areas: Admissions, Marketing, Human Resources, Early Education, and Elementary Education.
To learn more about our formal internship program click here for an informational packet.
SELA believes in actively supporting faculty and staff development opportunities. Some examples include:
- • Paid professional development
- • Classroom Management Training
- • Differentiation Method Training
- • How to Teach a Second Language Training
- • Calm Classroom Training